Remembering.....

Thank you so much for visiting my special place. For as long as I can remember, I have created with found objects, vintage papers, vintage buttons, jewelry and all things pretty. I remember my Mother finding an early book by Gloria Vanderbilt about her collage art. I treasured that book and spent hours studying the wonderful photos of her work. I have that book still, and it has served me well as inspiration for my art. One of my earliest memories is a little painting I created when I was very young. I used egg shells to form pansies! That little painting hangs to this day in my parents home on a gallery wall. That began a journey of discovery and my creative works have evolved to include many wonderful works of art that showcase my little collections of vintage finds. I treasure the fact that I come from a long line of very creative people. I hope you enjoy my journal and the little things I create!







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th Of July Eve....Anticipation!

The house is quiet and it's getting late.  I can hear firecrackers in the distance.  Tomorrow, our town will swell with people to see our wonderful parade.  We are lucky as we only have to walk to the end of our street which is Main Street to view the parade. We have been doing that for about 30 years.  We walk around the town prior to to the parade then take our seats.  The children ready their candy buckets to catch the prized candy that is thrown from the floats.  Fire trucks from neighboring towns as well as our own sound their sirens.  There is also the occasional Dalmation riding on the truck.  There are bands, Mummers, and floats that are made by the local families.  It is all so much fun. 

Once the parade is over, we walk back to our home and sit on our front porch and wave and greet the people who walk by on their way to their cars and homes.  We ususally sip iced tea or lemonade and have homemade blueberry muffins.  The recipe for the muffins came from Jordan Marsh Department store.  They are wonderful, with huge muffin tops and crystalized sugar for crunch....Yum!

Once everyone is refreshed, it is a short walk to the park for the children's games, hot dogs, pony rides, water ice and, of course, the Pet Show.  More about that in tomorrows post!

The heat in the past few days will get even worse tomorrow so some of the activities might be interupted with a quick trip back to the house for a swim. 

I better get to bed so I'll be up and ready for all of the festivities!  Happy 4h everyone!

1 comment: