Remembering.....

Thank you so much for visiting my special place. For as long as I can remember, I have created with found objects, vintage papers, vintage buttons, jewelry and all things pretty. I remember my Mother finding an early book by Gloria Vanderbilt about her collage art. I treasured that book and spent hours studying the wonderful photos of her work. I have that book still, and it has served me well as inspiration for my art. One of my earliest memories is a little painting I created when I was very young. I used egg shells to form pansies! That little painting hangs to this day in my parents home on a gallery wall. That began a journey of discovery and my creative works have evolved to include many wonderful works of art that showcase my little collections of vintage finds. I treasure the fact that I come from a long line of very creative people. I hope you enjoy my journal and the little things I create!







Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie.....

On any given day I might be showing photos of our beloved Great Danes! My husband and I are long time volunteers with the Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League. We have fostered many wonderful Great Danes and in some cases we were not able to say good-bye so we have an abundance of Great Danes in residence here! Every now and then, I will share a photo of them. Here is our magnificent goof ball, Keller, at rest (thankfully)!!!!! Keller is deaf, hence his white coloring. He has the most magnificent blue eyes, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment