Remembering.....

Thank you so much for visiting my special place. For as long as I can remember, I have created with found objects, vintage papers, vintage buttons, jewelry and all things pretty. I remember my Mother finding an early book by Gloria Vanderbilt about her collage art. I treasured that book and spent hours studying the wonderful photos of her work. I have that book still, and it has served me well as inspiration for my art. One of my earliest memories is a little painting I created when I was very young. I used egg shells to form pansies! That little painting hangs to this day in my parents home on a gallery wall. That began a journey of discovery and my creative works have evolved to include many wonderful works of art that showcase my little collections of vintage finds. I treasure the fact that I come from a long line of very creative people. I hope you enjoy my journal and the little things I create!







Friday, April 2, 2010

A Very Special Spring Day

Yesterday was the Grandparents Celebration at my grandaughter's school. It was a very special spring day! The second grade class hosted a morning presentation dedicated to "all things Grandparents". The children sang wonderful songs, talked about how special their Grandparents are, and the lessons we can all learn from others. We were treated to refreshments and fun activities in my grandaughter's classroom. As a special treat, we took her out to lunch and then to our local park. It was bright and sunny and it was so very nice to see all the flowers that are starting to bloom. It was a lovely and special day. My husband and I feel very blessed to have this special little girl in our lives. Each day she brings us so much joy!

On a personal note, I have been invited to participate in a "Tag Swap" that is organized by Arlene from Deux Shabby Chic. I'm finally taking the plunge and getting back into my little studio to create! I am very excited to participate in this swap! I'm getting my ideas sorted out in my head. I don't know why, but I feel a little bit nervous! I know that once I get started, it will be great fun. I think one of the best aspects about a Tag Swap is the sharing of ideas and just enjoying what other creative people are doing. Artists are very generous people! So...once my days are done and I can sneak away to my tiny little studio, I will get the creative juices flowing once again! Spring is a great time for new endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment